We seek to create healthier futures for people & ecosystems through play, learning, curiosity, accountability and relationship.
ACORNS NW seeks to create resilience and strength within community through nature connection. Our values are based in sustainability, accessibility, and experiential education.
We acknowledge continued learning on our journey as an organization and community, and strive for integrity, authenticity and health-based frameworks within our work.
Benefits of Outdoor Education
- Improves memory
- Improves communication skills
- Increased self-dependence and self-reliance
- Student's cognitive abilities are better developed outside of the classroom than inside
- Decreased stress
- Promotes environmental awareness
- Leadership skills improved
- Enhanced enthusiasm about learning
- Social adjustments, self-concept, and group cohesion improvement
We are fully insured.*
Our fabulous community and partners help make this program possible.